So, I haven't had to use the "Santa Might not Bring any Presents" discipline strategy before; if you can call it a strategy. But, this year I had to pull it out. So, I phoned Santa as Avery watched and told him that Avery was being a little naughty. (Yes, it was a bad enough tantrum to resort to this strategy and nothing else was working!)
So the funny part is, Avery, Coral, and I went to the mall to find Coral some boots for her birthday present, and low and behold, there he was. Santa. Not in his normal fake looking set up, but just walking around outside. It seemed as though he had been waiting just for us, because he walked right up to us and said (no joke), "I heard somebody has been being a little bit naughty lately", and looked right at Avery. To say the least, she was stunned and the look on her face was priceless! Coral and I took the opportunity to say, "See....I did call Santa and he does always know when we are being naughty or nice."
He looked so much like the "Real Santa" and said just the right thing, that I had a bit of a hard time not believing in Santa, myself, for a split second.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Santa to the Rescue
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love Santa! That's funny, I told Hudson if he was naughty he would get coal or rocks. He then informed me that rocks would be great...he knew exactly what he would do with them:)
Post a Comment