Sunday, June 7, 2009

World Famous Camp Pendleton Mud Run





This was a blast! We woke up at 5:45, waited in a long line of cars, took a shuttle, and ran this World Famous 10K Mud Run with 4,000 other crazy people! It had hills, river crossings (up to our necks), two five foot walls with mud on each side, a tunnel crawl, a slippery hill climb, and a 30 foot mud pit (that we had to crawl through on our hands and knees). The other thing they forget to mention is that the mud smells horrible. Nothing glamorous about that! Amazingly, it was so much fun and I'm so glad we could all help each other through the mess!

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Amy
That actually does sound like a blast! I love hearing about all your races, that's awesome that you are keeping it up. :)

PS You know who said...

I like hearing about all the interesting things you do. But I don't think I would want to join you. I have a hard time enough time doing "boot camp" on Wed. and Sat. at the nice, clean Bally's gym - running and jumping for an hour. But with 4,000 other people, I am sure you don't need me there.

Rachel said...

nice job, amy!! you are so lucky that you had a good group of friends to do it with. that must have made it even more fun! what did your girls think of you trekking through all that mud?

jessica said...

I guess that makes me one of the other 3,999 crazies you ran with;) Good thing we had so much fun! Thanks for running with us!!!

Vanessa said...

I didn't know you were doing it! You'll have to give us pointers for the one in October....we'll talk:) Stinky mud...hmmm that doesn't sound good.

Vaughn and Amy said...

You girls are awesome! I'm so glad you had a good time.