Thursday, January 15, 2009

Family Tradition a Favorite?


One of the meals in our home (Enchiladas) comes from New Mexico where I grew up. As Avery was eating dinner tonight, she made a look that looked as though she thought the beans were yucky. She then immediately smiled half-way and ate another bite; with a slightly disgusted look on her face she said, "Yummy, it tastes like chocolate mint! I love it!" She was definitely using her positive mind power to overcome the disgust of the food and remained so polite the whole time. Amazingly, she finished everything on her plate!





Avery's first day of Sunbeams! She was sick last Sunday, and so this was her first day and she loved it. I was worried about how she did in class, so I asked the teacher about it after class. She said, "Oh, you have nothing to worry about, she's top of the class." I wasn't expecting that! We'll keep checking in for awhile and hope she continues to do well.

1 comments:

Tracey said...

I am not at all surprised by Avery's positive thinking, she is so smart and such a sweetheart! I miss having Danica play with her because I always knew she would be learning good things! I'm glad you had such a great Christmas! All the screaming sounds fun!